So today I finished my last ever homework assignment of the year and sent it off to my profe. It was a three page essay comparing and contrasting the main characters and the plots of El Sur by Jorge Borges, and La noche boca arriba by Julio Cortázar. I have to say, with what we read in my clase de literatura argentina those are tow of my favorite writers. I should probably go find paperback copies of some of their books.
I still have one more class I have to go to tomorrow for PECLA and then all next week is final exams. And I also think I have one last class session for Cultura Argentina the week after I think, but it's just a field trip to a museum, so it's fun instead of real work.
I also still have a few more class sessions left for my pintura class, but less than I though there was. Last class Profe Trojer said that we have our Parcial on June 28th, and that that would be the last class for the semester. Sarah, Olivia and I asked her of that would be the last class for us, since we're here only for the semester anyway. I think Trojer said it was alright. We're going to double-check with her next time we see her. We still need to buy our libretas de inscripción so she can put our final grades in their. These libretas are these little notebooks you buy, and only certain facultades need them. Basically it counts as sort of your transcript of midterm and final grades. And then after Trojer gives us our grades in these, we're supposed to hand them in to PECLA so they can send the grades to our schools. But yeah, it looks like I can go home earlier today than I thought. Which is good, because somewhere in the beginning of July, Mimi is having 5 new exchange students arrive in her house. I better make sure I leave before the house gets too crowded! I thought only two more were coming, but I guess I was wrong.
Also, my heart goes out to my friend Julie here. She's one of the girls I went to Iguazu falls with. Her grandmother just died on Sunday, and she doesn't have the money to go back for the funeral, so she's toughing out the rest of her semester. She's doing much better than I would though. And she still plans on celebrating her 21st birthday this Thursday at the bowling alley in Patio Olmos. I don't think I could do what she's doing. If I were in her shoes, I'd be demanding to go home right away. It made me realize that I'm glad my study abroad plans worked out the way they did, going abroad this semester. It may sound horrible, but I'm glad my grandmother died earlier, rather than later. It was already hard enough when it happened back in October, but I was close enough that going to say goodbye wasn't a hassle. If any of my loved ones had died while I was down here, I don't know how I would've handled it. I don't think I would be able to really 'get over it' if it happened. I'd be going through the rest of my semester depressed, not being able to enjoy the experience of living and learning in another country. I hope Julie feels better soon. She said her parents are coming down to visit her in two weeks, so that should help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment