So this week has been very busy with parciales, tarea, y repasos. The majority of my classes ended this week, and a few end more next week. I'm busy from here until then end of June pretty much.
I had two major tests this week. Well, one of the parciales was an essay, and I got a 9 out of 10. But yesterday was an oral exam for my grammar class. I don't know how well I did. I haven't been doing so well in my Grámatica Avanzada class. I'm studying very hard. I spent over four hours the night before preparing for the test. It's just that it's the class that I'm doing the least well in, here. I really hope I pass. I already know that the worst that can happen is that I don't pass, and that would mean I have to take the advanced spanish grammar class next semester at Hollins, which basically would just be adding another class to the semester. That's not something I want to do, but knowing I at least I have options to fix it somehow should the worst happen, makes me feel a little calmer, and a little more in control.
I also have two papers due next week, one of which I just finished today. I also only have three classes that I have to go to next week. Pintura, Literatura Argentina, y Culturales Realidades. Two of them are going to be only an hour long, and pintura, well, it's only painting!
Also, I'm debating re-taking the CELU since I only got a básico level last time. It's next Friday, June 11th and will cost 200 pesos. I think I really should re-take it, but the timing isn't ideal, considering that I'm so busy working on final projects and studying for final exams. But then again, I don't have much to lose. Quite a few others are re-taking the CELU. I really should aim to try and get an intermedio level this time. It's not a test that you can't study for (or at least that's what Alfredo says) since it's supposed to analyze your use of Spanish.
But anyway, this weekend I'm trying to pace myself so I don't suffer a mental breakdown. I have it mapped out to do one assignment each day, and relax or have a little fun after I'm done. I already finished my assignment for the day, so I might go out and celebrate Brian's birthday at Villanos (which is a pretty decent bar along the Cañada. Drinks are little bit pricey though.) Brian said after the bar, the group is heading over to Mitre. I've never been to that club before, but Federica used to go over there a lot when she was here, and she says its her favorite, so I might go over for a little while and check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

June is full of "parciales"!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing well!
I'm studying in BA and found rent apartments Buenos Aires . I came with three friends and we're all studying together in this great city!