Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm Fine

So I woke up late this morning. (Actually afternoon. I woke up sometime before 2 but after 1.) I get a light brunch, and then go over to my computer to check my email and facebook page, and find one slight newsbit about an earthquake in Chile. I go over to google news to find out what happened, and see all kinds of articles about the 8.8 earthquake right by Santiago and Concepción, Chile.

Córdoba is not that far away. We didn't get hit per se, bit we were supposed to be able to feel it. I didn't feel a thing though, and my host mother didn't even mention an earthquake when I woke up, (And she pays more attention to the news than I do right now.)

So just so you all know, I'm fine. I didn't feel anything, no shaking, no aftershocks. I was still sleepy when I found out about it over the internet. I was just reading along random things and then I was like "Wait. Earthquake? . . . in Santiago, Chile? . . . yawn Gotta go and google that . . . . Oh crap! This morning? That sucks for them."

So yeah, pray for the victims, and hope that Japan and Hawaii take proper precaution and evacuate everyone on time before the tsunami hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment